Date Fri/Sat, Oct. 14/15
Time 7 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Rutherford Rink
Series ('99) ALB Leads 56-15
Current Streak ALB 1 W OT
Last Meeting Feb. 6, 2016
ALB 2 @ SSK 1 OT2
- The Huskies face a Top 10 opponent for the second straight week after splitting a series with No. 2 UBC last weekend.
- Friday night is the home opener for the Huskies.
- The Huskies return three of their top five goal scorers this season, along with starting goaltender Cassidy Hendricks.
- The two teams split the season series last year with each team earning a win on home ice and one on the road.
- In the preseason coaches poll, Alberta was voted to finish in second in the conference with 39 voting points. The Huskies were slotted fifth with 24 voting points.
By The Numbers
1 - Three out of the four meetings between the teams last year were 1 goal games.
4 -In the first CIS Women's Hockey Top 10 of the season, 4 Canada West teams cracked the poll (UBC 2, Alberta 8, Calgary 9, Manitoba 10).
9 -In the first weekend of the season, 9 different Huskies registered their names on the scoresheet with at least a point.
9 -Saskatchewan notched 9 of its 14 wins at home in Rutherford Rink a season ago.