Date Fri/Sat, February 3/4
Time 6:15 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Series ('73) ALB Leads 91-53
Current Streak SSK W 2
Last Meeting Mar. 11, 2016
ALB 68 @ SSK 78
*CW Semifinal - Saskatoon
- The Huskies enter the weekend on a nine game winning streak after sweeping Mount Royal last weekend.
- Saskatchewan was perfect in January (8-0) for the third straight season.
- This weekend's rematch of the 2016 Canada West semifinal will be the final regular season home games for the Huskies. If the Huskies finish in the top eight of the RPI they will be guranteed a home playoff weekend.
- Saskatchewan sits atop the Canada West RPI standings. The top 12 teams will make the post-season and be seeded by RPI.
- Saskatchewan has clinched a playoff spot this season. The Huskies can host a quarter-final series Feb. 23-26 if they finish in the top 4 of the RPI standings, or a play-in series Feb. 17-19 if seeded 5-8 in the RPI standings.
By The Numbers
4.1 - Sabine Dukate is now tied for first in the Canada West, averaging 4.1 assists per game.
8 - The Huskies have now recorded at least an 8-game winning streak in 6 of the last 7 seasons.
23 - First-year guard Libby Epoch has hit 23 straight free throw attempts, dating back to December 3 at Regina.
32.8 - Saskatchewan is third in the conference in 3PT shooting percentage. The Huskies shoot at 32.8 percent from beyond the arc and are second in the Canada West with an average of 6.7 made three-pointers per game.
Scouting The Pandas
- Alberta rides a three game winning streak into Saskatoon this weekend. The Pandas swept UFV last weekend after knocking off UBC on the road.
- Alberta is in the middle of the pack when it comes to scoring averaging 67.3 PPG (8th). The Pandas do their damage from three point range, with 5.9 makes per game (4th), and on the glass where they are + 4.9 in rebound margin (4th).
- Maddie Rogers leads the team with 15.5 PPG, while Elle Hendershot averages a team-high 8.8 rebounds per night.