Date Fri/Sat, November 11/12
Time 6:15 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Physical Activity Complex
Series SSK Leads 15-11
Current Streak SSK W 7
Last Meeting Jan. 30, 2016
SSK 66 @ WPG 48
- The Huskies open their home schedule this weekend.
- The Huskies fell out of the U Sports Top 10 after a split in Abbortsford against the Fraser Valley Cascades last weekend.
- The Huskies lineup is full of new faces, with Sabine Dukate the lone starter returning from last year's national champion squad.
- The Huskies will try to stop a former teammate this weekend. Leading the Wesmen in scoring and rebounding is former Huskie Antoinette Miller.
- All members of the Canadian Armed Forces will receive complimentary entry for Friday's games with their Armed Forces ID.
By The Numbers
7 - Saskatchewan has taken 7 straight meetings with Winnipeg.
18 - The Huskies are averaging 18 made free throws per game, the second most in the conference.
22 - Third-year guard Sascha Lichtenwald scored 22 points in 28 minutes off the bench on Friday night to lead the team to an opening night win.
35 - The Huskies have dominated at the PAC in recent years. Over the past three season the squad has posted a 35-1 record at home.
Scouting The Wesmen
- Winnipeg knocked off the UNBC Timberwolves 58-52 and 66-51 at home on the opening weekend of the season to start the campaign at 2-0.
- Former Huskie Antoinette Miller leads the Wesmen in scoring with 15 points per game and rebounding with 8.5 per contest.
- Winnipeg leads the conference in 3PT FG made per game with 7.