Date Sat/Sun Oct. 1/2, 2016
Time 2:15 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, Sask.
Venue Field 7 in PotashCorpPark
Series ('12) SSK Leads 8-1-1
Home vs Winnipeg 5-0
Current Streak 1 T
Last Meeting Sept. 27, 2015
SSK 2 @ WPG 2
- The Huskies enter the weekend riding high after winning three of their previous four matches, posting a 3-0-1 record in the past two weekends.
- The Wesmen visit Saskatoon looking for their first victory over the Huskies in six chances on the road.
- Bryce Marinus & Greg Buckley were named Huskie Athletes of the Week after helping lead the team to a sweep of No. 4 TWU and UFV last weekend.
- Sunday will be the last home match for the Huskies until October 21 when they return to Field 7 to take on Mount Royal and Calgary in the season finale.
- Thanks to last weekend's results, the Huskies moved up into the fourth in the Canada West Prairie Division standings. The top four teams in each division make the post-season.
By The Numbers
2 - Jacob Powell has found the net 3 times this season. 2 of his 3 goals have been
game-winners for the Huskies.
3 - Goalkeeper Greg Buckley is tied for third in the conferences with 3 shutouts this season.
13.8 - Saskatchewan is fifth in the conference averaging 13.8 shots per game.
19 - The Huskies will hit the road for the next two weekends, returning home to play MRU and Calgary, 19 days from Sunday.
Scouting The Wesmen
The Wesmen were able to break the goose egg sitting in their win column with a 2-0 victory over the Fraser Valley Cascades at home last weekend.
Winnipeg then had the No. 4 ranked Trinity Western Spartans on the ropes Sunday afternoon when Krystof Szulc scored his second goal of the weekend to put Winnipeg ahead early. The Spartans would score two second half goals, including one in added time to take the 2-1 win.
Andrew Kliment leads the Wesmen in scoring with three markers on the
Winnipeg is 0-4 on the road in 2016 and has not won in Saskatoon.