Best-of-three Quarter-final Series
Time 8:30/8:30/(4) p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Current Streak WPG W 1
Last Meeting Nov. 12, 2016
WPG 96 @ SSK 92 OT
- This weekend's quarter-final series at the PAC is the first ever postseason meeting between the two schools.
- Winnipeg advanced to the quarter-final round after a 2-1 series win over Fraser Valley last weekend. The Huskies received a bye after finishing 2nd.
- The two teams split the season series played in November. The Huskies won Friday night's meeting before the Wesmen won Saturday in OT at the PAC.
- The series begins with Game 1 on Thursday night followed by Game 2 on Friday and a third game if necessary on Saturday afternoon.
- Fans are encouraged to bring their pots and pans (and a utensil to bang them with) to this weekend's series to make some noise for the Huskies!
By The Numbers
4 - Winnipeg has enjoyed recent success in the series winning 4 of the last 6 meetings overall.
10.6 - Shane Osayande finished the regular season as the Canada West leader in rebounding with 10.6 rebounds per game.
77.4 - If this weekend's games come down to the wire the Huskies hold the advantage at the free throw line. Saskatchewan finished the season 2nd in the Canada West shooting 77.4% from the line.
Scouting The Wesmen
- Winnipeg advanced to the Canada West quarter-final round after a 2-1 series win at home over the UFV Cascades.
- The Wesmen took the deciding game 84-59. Winnipeg won Game 1 82-76 before losing 78-71 in Game 2.
- The Wesmen, who finished 7th in the conference standings, are led by Sean Tarver's 15.6 points per game.