Date Fri/Sat, January 27/28
Time 8 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Ron & Jane Graham Centre Court at the PAC
Current Streak SSK W 2
Last Meeting Feb. 1, 2014
MRU 58 @ SSK 81
*Played non-conference game in 2015-16.
(SSK 69 @ MRU 62 OT)
- The Huskies are 4-2 in 2017 picking up at least a win in all three weekends of action against teams they trail in the conference standings.
- It is the first conference meeting between the two schools since 2014 after Mount Royal played in the Explorer Division for the past two seasons.
- Saturday night, Huskie Athletics hosts the Kids Takeover Night. Saskatoon and area youth will take part in the operations of this kids themed night featuring fun and activities for the whole family.
- Saskatchewan is currently third in the conference's RPI standings. The top 12 teams will make the post-season and be seeded by RPI.
- Saskatchewan appears in the U SPORTS Top 10 for the first time this season, coming in at No. 9.
By The Numbers
8.8 - The Huskies have been dominant on the glass this season, posting the second best rebound margin in the conference at + 8.8.
75 - The magic number for the Huskies is 75. Saskatchewan is 9-0 when scoring 75 points or more this season.
100 - A win this weekend would be the 100th career conference win for Huskies' head coach Barry Rawlyk. His current total of 99 wins is second among all men's basketball coaches at Saskatchewan.
Scouting The Cougars
- Mount Royal dropped back-to-back games to UBC at home last weekend to fall back to .500 on the season at 7-7. The Cougars have posted a 4-2 mark on the road in 2016-17.
- Josh Ross leads the team in scoring, averaging 17.8 points per night. Brett Layton adds another 17.6 points per game while shooting an impressive 59.6 percent from the floor.
- The Cougars are just above average in the conference scoring 81.9 ppg.