Date Fri/Sat, November 11/12
Time 8 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, SK
Venue Physical Activity Complex
Current Streak WPG - W 2
Last Meeting Jan. 30, 2016
SSK 72 @ WPG 81
- The Huskies open their home schedule this weekend.
- Saskatchewan will wear special jerseys to honour the Canadian Armed Forces on Friday night.
- All members of the Canadian Armed Forces will receive complimentary entry for Friday's games with their Armed Forces ID.
- Shane Osayande was named Canada West and U Sports Male Athlete of the Week after a huge weekend to start the season.
- Osayande is averaging better than a double-double with 24 points and 15.5 rebounds per game.
By The Numbers
12 - Shane Osayande was a perfect 12-12 from the free throw line in Saturday's win over UFV.
15 - The Huskies are +15 in 4th quarter squaring after outscoring the Cascades a combined 34-19 in the final quarter.
30 & 18 - Osayande's near 30-20 night of 30 points and 18 rebounds led to him being named the U Sports Male Athlete of the Week.
60.5 - After one week, the Huskies lead the conference in scoring defence, allowing just 60.5 points per game.
Scouting The Wesmen
- Winnipeg knocked off the UNBC Timberwolves 74-59 and 84-75 at home on the opening weekend of the season to start the campaign at 2-0.
- Guard Denzel Lynch-Blair leads the Wesmen with 18 points per game through the first week of the season. Leading the way on the glass is William Sesay with 11.5 rebounds per game.
- Winnipeg leads the conference with a +21.0 rebound margin.