Date Friday, September 8
Time 7 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, Sask.
Venue Griffiths Stadium in PotashCorp Park
Watch Sasktel Max /Canadawest.tv
Listen CJWW 600
Series ('72) SSK Leads 50-32-1
@ SSK SSK leads 26-16-1
Current Streak SSK - 2 W
Last Meeting Oct. 28, 2016
ALB 9 @ SSK 48
- Scott Flory earned his first win as the Huskies head coach after a 44-23 Week 1 victory over the Manitoba Bisons.
- Friday night's is the University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association Homecoming Game. It's Homecoming with a Country twist!
- CCMA nominee Brock Andrews will be performing in Wyant Group Rally Alley, while fellow CCMA nominees Dan Davidson, Petric and Jojo Mason will be signing autographs.
- The President's Coin Toss will feature UofS President Peter Stoicheff, the USSU President, Alumni Association President and GSA President. The annual toga run will also happen at halftime.
- It's the first of two meetings between the Golden Bears and Huskies in 2017. The two will also square off in Edmonton in Week 7 - October 21.
By The Numbers
4 - Quarterback Kyle Siemens threw 4 touchdown passes in Friday's win over Manitoba. He added a rushing touchdown.
8 - The Huskies jumped into the U SPORTS Top 10 in Week 2 at No. 8
77 - The Huskies scored 77 points in 2016 in two games against the Golden Bears.
563 - The Huskies tallied 563 total yards in the 44-23 win over Manitoba in Week 1.
Scouting The Golden Bears
- The Golden Bears fell 55-26 at home against the defending Hardy Cup Champion Calgary Dinos in Week 1.
- Calgary pulled away scoring 23 unanswered points in the second quarter. Alberta recorded 324 passing yards and 107 rushing yards in the game.
- First-year receiver Nathan Rowe made an immediate impact in his Golden Bears debut in Week 1, hauling in seven catches for 208 yards, including a 109-yard touchdown bomb late in the fourth quarter. The reception not only broke the Golden Bears program record for longest reception, but also tied the Canada West and U SPORTS record for longest-ever catch.