Date Friday, Oct. 14
Time 7 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, Sask.
Venue Griffiths Stadium in PotashCorp Park
Listen CJWW 600
Series ('72) SSK Leads 56-29
vs UBC SSK Leads 34-10
Current Streak UBC - 1 W
Last Meeting Oct. 23, 2015
UBC 41 @ SSK 36
- Friday marks the first and only meeting between the two schools in 2016. The winner of Friday's game will hold the tie-breaker for playoff scenarios.
- UBC is coming off a dramatic 53-50 quadruple overtime win over the Manitoba Bisons at home last weeekend.
- Due to weather and field conditions, the Rally Alley will not be open for this week's game. To enter the contest for the Disneyland Family Vacation, stop at the CruzFM tent before you enter the stadium. The first 1000 fans will receive entry ballots.
- The T-Birds remain in 10th in this week's CIS Top 10. The Regina Rams (No. 4 ) and the Calgary Dinos (No. 5) also represent the conference in the poll.
- Huskie running back Tyler Chow leads the conference in rushing with 633 yards this season. His 126.6 yards per game is third in the CIS.By The Numbers
By The Numbers
10 - Tyler Chow has moved into 10th on the Huskies all-time career rushing yards list with 1488 yards.
15 - Kicker Sean Stenger leads the conference and is second in the CIS with 15 made field goals
41 - The second quarter has been the Huskies' strongest as they have outscored opponents by 41 points.
95 - Saskatchewan has scored on 95% of their possessions inside the opponents red zone coming away with no points only once.
Scouting The Thunderbirds
- UBC enters the weekend third in the Canada West standings.
- The T-Birds are coming off of a dramatic 53-50 quadruple overtime win at home over the Manitoba Bisons last week.
- UBC has won back-to-back games after starting the season 1-2.
- UBC has scored 115 points over the last two weeks and are second in the conference, averaging 34.4 points per contest.
- Quarterback Michael O'Connor is putting together another impressive season. O'Connor is averaging 334 yards per game while throwing for 13 scores.
- Two-way player Trivel Pinto has made an impact on both sides of the ball this eason. A week ago, Pinto caught three touchdown passes and grabbed an interception on defence against the Bisons.
- The T-Birds will face a pair of Top 10 teams in their final two games of the season with a trip to Regina scheduled for October 21 and a home date with the Calgary Dinos in a rematch of the 2015 Hardy Cup on October 29.