Date Friday, Sept. 16
Time 7 p.m.
Location Saskatoon, Sask.
Venue Griffiths Stadium in PotashCorp Park
Watch SHAW TV/Canadawest.tv
Listen CJWW 600
Series ('72) CGY Leads 49-32-2
@ SSK CGY leads 18-24-1
Current Streak CGY - 8 W
Last Meeting Nov. 7, 2015
SSK 29 @ CGY 37 *Hardy Cup Semifinal
- It's Toga Time! Friday night is the annual Homecoming Game in Saskatoon.
- The University of Saskatchewan Alumni Association will host its Centennial Launch at 5:30pm in the Rally Alley with 1,500 free food vouchers.
- Huskie Olympians Lisa Thomaidis, Jillian Gallays and Taryn Suttie will share their Olympic experience in the Rally Alley at 6pm.
- Huskie running back Tyler Chow leads the nation in yards per game on the ground with an average of 169 rushing yards per game.
- The Dinos look to continue their success at Griffiths Stadium in PotashCorp Park. Calgary is the only Canada West team with a winning record against the Huskies on Saskatchewan's home turf.
U of S Alumni Association Centennial Launch At Homecoming
The U of S Alumni Association is celebrating its 100 year anniversary this year.
The centennial year is a chance for ALL U of S alumni to come back to campus, or go to an event in their area, and celebrate 100 years of our alumni association.
It's not every day that you think about your university days and the time spent at the U of S, and that's what we hope to accomplish during our yearlong celebrations; getting alumni to reconnect with their alma mater and reignite those great memories.
There's much to celebrate; our 150,000 alumni are some of the most talented in their fields and have gone on to do great things. It's a great family to be a part of.
- There are family-friendly events planned throughout the day including free tours, a "100 photo" in the bowl at 4 p.m. and the official launch the centennial year at the Rally Alley at 5:30 p.m.
- Doors to the Rally Alley open at 5 pm. The first 1,500 guests to come through the gates will receive a free food voucher to Pizza Hut or Boryski BBQ, courtesy of your Alumni Association.
- The Centennial Launch will take place at 5:30pm among the special guests will be Peter Stoicheff, University of Saskatchewan President, Dr. Jim Blackburn, Alumni Association President; Hon. Bronwyn Eyre, Minister of Advanced Education and Mayor Don Atchison.
By The Numbers
10 - The Huskies are back in the CIS Top 10 at #10 after being kept out of the previous 7 polls dating back to Sept. 29, 2015.
21.6 - Receiver Chad Braun is making an impact on special teams with 21.6 yards per punt return. That average is 2nd in the CIS.
92% - The Huskies are converting on 92% of their red zone opportunities this season, being held off the scoreboard just once.
338 -Tyler Chow is the Canada West rushing leader after amassing 338 yards on the ground in two games. His 169 yds/game average is best in the CIS.
Scouting The No. 2 Dinos
- Calgary is coming off an impressive 35-8 drubbing of reiging Vanier Cup Champions the UBC Thunderbirds last weekend. It was the second straight win to start the year for the Dinos after knocking off Manitoba 23-14 in Week 1.
- Calgary boasts the top ranked defensive unit in the conference allowing just 300 yards per game. That total ranks them fifth in the CIS.
- Calgary is the only visiting Canada West team to have a winning record at Griffiths Stadium in PotashCorp Park. The Dinos have won three straight meetings in Saskatoon.